Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I Went on a Thrift Store Hunt Today....

  1. #1
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar
    ....And found nothing, absolutely nothing ....maybe next time or some garage sales this weekend, huh? [img]wink.gif[/img] HA!

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ks4treasures's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL...I was just thinking today where all the thrift stores were located and plotting a little hunt!!!!!! [img]cool.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Same trouble here! [img]wink.gif[/img] I tried a search some time back, after reading about all the amazing finds on the board. Unfortunately, all the thrift stores here have are very outdated, smelly, dirty furniture and threadbare clothes, nothing worth purchasing and definitely nothing American Girl-related. (I used to only wear secondhand clothes, so I'm not being picky; this stuff is in pretty bad shape.)

    I'm amazed at what some of you are able to find--wow!!! You are so fortunate, and the other nice thing is knowing your purchase goes to help people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 29, 2005 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aw..jeepers
    I was hoping that you would tell me all about a great TS in the LA area.
    I checked a bunch of GW and SA when we were last at DL..in Fullerton and around there..
    Not even any Disney stuff!!!!
    Lucky you have garage sales now.
    Here in MN we have to depend on TS in the winter.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ElizabethLover101's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    285
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I kept reading today that people are finding things at bargain stores...Do they really have AG stuff there?


    I guess theres a day where there will some stuff and others there aren't very lucky [img]frown.gif[/img] Maybe you should try tomorrow..

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I found the bitty baby rocking horse(works but strap has came out) and the bitty backpack baby carrier together for $4.99 at my local TS about a week ago. Keep up the hunt folks, there IS stuff out there.

    You want to talk REALLY frustrating? I found an AG doll box, but when I opened it, there was nothing but a broken porcelian doll! grr. I got all excited when I saw the box for nothing LOL

    BTW most of the thrift stores in the Los Angeles area KNOW what AG is and pick it out. If you happen to be in the *Long Beach* area of LA, I can give you a very detailed guide, and list of what TSes commonly sell what and which ones pilfer anything AG.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 29, 2005 09:59 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member EmilyMarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2004
    Posts
    174
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most thrift stores here in south central Wisconsin know what AG stuff is also & it (1) never makes it to the sales floor, (2) gets saved for "special" customers, or (3) is priced rather high. Same goes for garage sales. People know what they have & price accordingly. Plus people know to look for the "x" on things.

    Hmmmmmmmmm. Maybe we should all move to the Seattle area--some sellers on ebay are from there & they find super stuff! Same goes for Florida.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mystere's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2005
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I searched thrift stores for several months fruitlessly before I got sick of it. I think in so Cal people are pretty aware of AG and ebay. I know I am. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I did find a mint Kirsten at a rummage sale once for $8. I was so happy I danced a little jig.

  9. #9
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by mystere:
    I searched thrift stores for several months fruitlessly before I got sick of it. I think in so Cal people are pretty aware of AG and ebay. I know I am. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I did find a mint Kirsten at a rummage sale once for $8. I was so happy I danced a little jig.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There are AG finds in So Cal though. I've gotten 2 AGs and a Bitty Baby so far from thrift shops in the one year I've actually been looking. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This is not a AG find but I did find a Kate Spade pocketbook yesterday MINT condition.I also found two shirts for my husband ( Nordstorm)

    The ladies at Goodwill told me that they were having a huge amounts of drop-off. People are trying to get their tax right-offs in

    Laurie, We have a very nice Good-Will here. Heads-up for your move to NC

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •